Within the framework of the European project EJP SOIL MIXROOT-C (abstract below), we are recruiting a
technical and scientific collaborator or a post-doc whose main missions will be:
- to contribute and carry out field ( 13C-CO2 pulse labelling, soil and root sampling in shallow and deep
horizons) and laboratory (plant and soil analyses, soil incubations) experiments within the UMR Eco&Sols,
and to coordinate these experiments with the local team involved in the project and in the study site (DIAMS
agroforestry site, South-Montpellier).
- the coordination of similar experiments carried out at European scale
- to complete a database of experimental data and provide support to the European partners
- to contribute to data analysis and writing of scientific articles
- to help with internal and external communication in the framework of the project
Formation and Skills
Master or PhD in the field of soil sciences or similar. Good spoken and written level in English and French.
Good interpersonal and coordination skills. Enjoyment for experimental work. Driving license required.
The position is available starting from early 2023
Please send your applications (CV, cover letter, contact information of two referees) by email before
Abstract MIXROOT-C project:
MIXROOT-C project aims to measure in situ roots’ carbon (C) production and to identify root traits related to
soil organic C storage in topsoil and subsoil in the context of diversified agroecosystems in Europe (e.g.
intercropping, grasslands, and agroforestry). The project takes into account the interactions between climate,
soil type, above- and belowground plant compartments, plant species and soil C. In order to provide a reliable
assessment of belowground C inputs of mixed species systems across Europe and to assess the benefits and
trade-offs associated to an increased root productivity, MIXROOT-C will use complementary approaches,
including long-term field experiments (on which the hired engineer will work), literature reviewing and process-